Mixed Media World - Stencils Challenge

Hiya

Yep back again with another post today!

Time for another challenge over at Mixed Media World and this month the theme is:

STENCILS

Let them take centre stage or use loads to create amazing layers for backgrounds.

I love nothing more than laying down a few stencils in an art journal, playing with colour and just letting go. Finding out where you end can be quite surprising!!








This page was created using Dylusion Sprays and trying some 'ghosting' techniques using Finnabairs Lace stencil.


Next up was some random stamping with some fun, quirky Bo Bunny's stamps and then some more stencilling with Tim Holtz's Bubble stencil.



The next, and final, stencil was from The Crafters Workshop - Stone Circles. This has to be my new fave!! I love how this came out with the modelling paste drawing the colours from underneath through to the top.



Finishing up with some white pen, butterfly dies cuts and wording. Love the sayings and they seemed to fit the page beautifully.

And... have you heard...? Probably not, (silly me) as we're just announcing it today,  :) but we have a shiny new sponsor... That's Crafty!



Busy week for me, I'll be back on Wednesday, so see you soon - I promise house pics will follow as soon as I've finished turning my living room and craft room into a makeshift kitchen and shed - lol :)
Hugs
Georgie xxx



18 comments

  1. Gorgeous I love the beautiful colours xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Love those zingy layers gal! Looks as though a lot of fun was had here! Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning background Georgie love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no...now I must get that crafters workshop stencil, it's brilliant! Fantastic make Georgie and a great theme to pick too ;)
    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Georgie this is quite amazing and so very artistic make! Love all those different swirls and twirls on your pages! Everything looks so awesome! Well done my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous journaling, Gee! Love the new TCW stencil.. You've just made my shopping list even longer :) btw.. Your design would look great in a tote! If you ever decide to make one you know where I am .. Hehe.. It's AWESOME!!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very, very beautiful, the colours are so vibrant (like Dyan herself!) and your stencilling looks amazing. I love how you added the delicate butterflies and the Tim die cuts too... Interesting, That's Crafty just released some fabulous stencils today.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Georgie, this is gorgeous! The vibrancy is spectacularly done and your ghosting techniques are so intriguing! All of your stencil work is beautiful. The butterflies and sentiments are the perfect accompaniments. Lovely creation! I apologize for being behind... things have been rough and I've not been able to have computer time. Thank you for the endless inspiration. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Georgie, what and explosion of colour and design!! So many wonderful layers of stencils, my eyes are fluttering from one gorgeous corner to the next!! Stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bam! Vibrant colors and stencils! Wowzers! I can not believe how much depth and color you have so artistically packed into this stunning make. This is the bees knees dear Gee! Hugz to you muffin! ~Niki

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loooove those inks - they are so bright and vibrant and bring such LIFE to this page. Stencils eh? Just a few here!!! Looks fabulous:):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woooow, Georgie, you have outdone yourself with this stunning art journal spread! LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! I am completely blown away by this colour heaven! Fantastic make, my friend!
    Hugs!
    Branka xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh Georgie what a gorgeous journal page ! Love the colours and the ghosting looks fabulous ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowsers Georgie, that is stencil-rific, wonderful journal page and love the way the modelling paste picks up all those luscious colours. Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the colours ! All of your stencil work is beautiful. <3
    corinne de france

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the colours ! All of your stencil work is beautiful. <3
    corinne de france

    ReplyDelete
  17. Scrumptious vivid colours - what a glorious page - and I love the butterflies hovering over conveniently contrasting colour areas!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely, bright journal page! I love that ghosting technique, and have almost forgotten about it! You've done a wonderful job with that and all your other tricks using stencils, Georgie! I know it's not the focus of the challenge, but I am in love with your butterflies--so delicate, and if you get a minute, could you let me know the maker? No rush, because as you know I don't have a die cut machine at present, anyway! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete