Baby Boy Scrapbook Page



This is my second scrapbook page that I have ever done. Trying to learn fast and pick up tips from where I can... Must say though I never realised how much thought and effort go into one page but I do really enjoy it. 

With this one I wanted to keep the colours in the photo as a running theme. Yellow from my sons blanket was the  obvious choice, but Isaac has always had rosy cheeks so I wanted to incorporate reds too. 



The flowers this time are all hand made except one!! I'm actually quite proud that I managed this but it did take me a whole evening to make them. Again, it was good fun, and it's helpful to work out in advance the colours you want. I suggest mulberry paper as it is easier to manipulate to get the shape and it saturates and blends colour wonderfully.



I added some leaves using the spellbinders die set and for extra texture I used strands of jute. The findings were made using the Tim Holtz die and then embossed with his distress embossing powders for rustic effect.



I also gave Gabrielle Pollacco's 'pulling the paper' trick a try. I wasn't really very good at this, should have tried on scraps first, but I definitely recommend her tutorial on this as it looks so amazing - the downside, she makes it look too easy lol :)


Ta ta for now xx
 

No comments