Kiddy breakfast play table

Good morning! :)

Today's post is a little different in the arts and crafts arena, but is something I've wanted to do for ages for my son. It's what I'm calling a kiddy breakfast / brum brum table. Official name huh?! :) 

We felt we needed some fun as well as being functional in this table. So we managed to go from this:




To this:



I used farrow and ball eggshell paint for the top in Light Blue, this a gorgeous muted grey blue. I love farrow and ball paint and this colour was the perfect backdrop for his 'brumbrum' town. (We even have this colour on the top of our dining room table with slipper satin legs. Still in the process of upholstering the chairs, but will post about that one soon.)



Here's another pic taken outside whilst layering a clear gloss acrylic sealant. The actual road etc. was wall decor stickers for kiddy bedrooms and was set down before applying the sealant. I cut them all out individually with the backing still on so I could get the layout I liked the most, but they come up and stick back down really easily without damaging paint work.

So there you have it, a kiddy breakfast / brum brum table. :)

Thanks for looking x




No comments